It’s time to ask yourself some questions!
Are you experiencing any of the following?
- Brain fog, memory not what it used to be
- Losing hair (scalp, body, outer third eyebrows)
- Hair is dry and tangles easily
- Constipated often and need a stimulate (like caffeine) to get a movement
- Cold and/or have cold hands/feet
- Periods are sporadic or occur more than 35 days apart
- Joint or muscle pain
- Dry skin
- I’ve had difficulty getting pregnant or have had a first trimester miscarriage
- Low mood, struggle with depression
- Tired no matter how much I sleep
- Difficult to break a sweat
- Recurrent headaches
- High cholesterol
- Hoarse voice most days
If you thought – “yep that’s me” to 5 or more of the above, it’s time to schedule that appointment with your practitioner and get your thyroid checked. Especially if you’ve spent anytime on birth control meds, you’ll want to take a closer look here.
Your thyroid controls your metabolism. Pay Attention Here, it SETS YOUR METABOLIC RATE. It contributes to your energy, your menses, your mood and affects pretty much every single cell in your body. It is connected to your brain function and your gut function. When your thyroid is messed up and out of sorts – so will you be!
Don’t wait one more day – make that appointment, get those labs done! And while you’re at it, help your thyroid out by taking care of your gut health – the two are more closely linked that you’d think!